Skip to content

Important announcement – please read carefully.

The International Centre is open, and our hours of operation for Humber North, Humber Lakeshore and the Humber International Graduate School are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. from Monday to Friday. Our phone lines are also operational.

North and Lakeshore: Walk-ins to see our International Student Advisors are available 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. and 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday. If you would like to have a virtual call instead, please use this Contact Form to make an appointment.

IGS: Students can use the IGS portal to ask a question/book an appointment with advisors.

The Return to Campus microsite provides important information, health and safety measures, and resources for individuals coming to campus.

Students can find a complete list of programs with downloads including program and course details at Current Student Resources

Planning to begin your studies at Humber? Here's what you need to know about study permits, refunds, and post-graduation work permits. Current approximate application processing time is approximately ten weeks.

If you have any questions please get in touch by using this Contact Form. Please check Humber Updates for the most up-to-date information. Please also check Humber College’s and Humber Global’s social media accounts.

  • Toronto Skyline


Outside of Canada, visas can be acquired through your Canadian consulate, Embassy or High Commission. The length of time required to process your visa application will vary from country to country. You should allow at least one or two months, but be aware that processing can take even longer in some countries.

If you currently have or are applying for a study permit, and you wish to travel in and out of Canada, a temporary resident visa (TRV) or 'Visitor's Visa' may be required, as a study permit alone will not be enough to enter Canada. Holders of a study or work permit may apply from within Canada for a new temporary resident visa.

If your temporary resident visa is about to or has expired, then you can apply for a new temporary resident visa from within Canada as long as you have a valid study permit.

Note: If you currently have a Visitor's Visa, and you plan to study in Canada in a program that is longer than 6 months, you will require a study permit. More information


New entry requirement now in effect: visa-exempt foreign nationals who fly to or transit through Canada need an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA). Exceptions include U.S. citizens and travellers with a valid Canadian visa. Canadian citizens, including dual citizens, and Canadian permanent residents cannot apply for an eTA.

Entry requirements for other methods of travel (land, sea) have not changed.


An entry visa is required to enter the United States unless your country participates in a visa waiver program. We encourage you to apply for a United States Visa prior to leaving your country. You must book an appointment to have your visa processed. 


Customs information is available from any Canadian Embassy, Consulate or High Commission. Upon arriving in Canada, you are permitted to bring a reasonable quantity of books, clothing and other items for personal use. If you are bringing more than $10,000 CAD into the country, you must report the money to Canada Border Services Agency.


If you have further questions, contact us.