Skip to content

Health Insurance

Find out about coverage extensions, the campus student assistance program, more information regarding COVID-19, and information on Canada Emergency Student Benefit (CESB).

keep.meSAFE Mental Wellness Student Support Program

keep.meSAFE by provides Humber International students with real-time and appointment-based confidential, multilingual mental wellness support, anytime of the day or night from anywhere in the world!

Get matched with a counsellor that speaks your language, is from your culture, or has a shared experience for any school, health, or general life concern at no cost. Real-time support is available via telephone and chat. Appointment-based support is available over the phone and via video.

You can access the service through the free MySSP app. Using the app, you can call or chat with a counsellor directly. Through the app, you also have access to a wide variety of multilingual self-help resources, including articles, videos and assessment tools. You can download the app from Google Play or the App store.


Good2Talk provides confidential support services for post-secondary students in Ontario.

Humber Health Services

Health & Counselling services at Humber are confidential and available to all registered students. Our goal is to promote student success by providing care that supports well-being.

Showing Symptoms

If you think you may have COVID-19, please report it confidentially to

If you start to experience Health Conditions/Symptoms, please assess the symptoms using the following:

Mild Symptoms

If you develop cold, influenza or COVID-19-like symptoms, use the Self-Assessment Tool to help determine if you need further assessment for COVID-19 testing by a physician, nurse practitioner or at COVID-19 test collection centre. You can also call 9-1-1 to speak with a nurse.

If you have mild symptoms that can be managed at home (e.g., fever, cough, sneezing, or sore throat) continue self-isolating for at least 14 days.

Worsening Symptoms

If your symptoms worsen or if you are concerned, complete the Self-Assessment Tool again or call 9-1-1 any time. Examples include mild to moderate shortness of breath, inability to lie down because of difficulty breathing, any new chest pain and chronic health conditions that you are having difficulty managing because of difficulty breathing.

If your symptoms worsen, it is important to seek medical help early. Please consult your family doctor or nurse practitioner. If you are unable to reach your regular care provider, seek care at an Urgent & Primary Care Centre or Emergency Department. When going in person please call ahead and tell them your symptoms, and that you are self-isolating because of international travel or an exposure to a COVID-19 case.

Severe Symptoms

These symptoms require immediate medical attention. Examples include severe difficulty breathing (e.g. struggling to breathe or speaking in single words), severe chest pain, having a very hard time waking up, or feeling confused or losing consciousness.

Call 9-1-1 immediately, or go directly to your nearest emergency department. If possible, you or someone caring for you should call ahead and tell them your symptoms and you traveled outside of Canada or had contact with a COVID-19 case.

If I Have COVID-19

If you think you may have COVID-19, please report it confidentially to

If you’re worried you have COVID-19 or have been exposed to it, you should get tested – even if you don’t have any symptoms.

You should visit an assessment centre if you:

  • have COVID-19 symptoms
  • do not have symptoms but are concerned you might have been exposed
  • do not have symptoms but think you are at risk (for example, if you are an essential or health care worker)

Testing is a free service. Take your travel documents along. Anyone can get a test if they want one.

After you have been tested for COVID-19, you can access your test results online.

If you are having trouble accessing your results online or do not have internet access, you should contact the clinician or the assessment centre who ordered your test or your primary care provider.