Skip to content

Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP)

Post Grad Work Permit

What are the eligibility requirements for the Post-Graduation work permit?
For more information please go here.

What documents to do I require from Humber?
Your Confirmation of Graduation letter and Final Transcript; you can request these documents through your MyHumber account as of June 2nd. The confirmation letter is downloaded from your account however the transcript will be mailed to the address listed on your account. Please note - if you have an outstanding balance these documents will not be available until the account is cleared.

When should I apply?
Once you have both confirmation of graduation letter as well as your final transcript. It is important that you still have a valid study permit and you apply within 90 days of the date on your graduation documents.

When can I start working full-time?
You can start when you submit your application if the conditions listed on your study permit authorizes you to work off-campus. In the case where your study permit does not authorize you to work off-campus then you will have to wait until the PGWP is issued. For more information please go here.

Can I extend my Post-Graduation Work Permit?
This is a one-time opportunity. An exception to this rule is when you were not granted the full amount time due to your passport expiring. For example, your passport expires in 2018 but you are eligible for a work permit until 2020.