Skip to content

Entering Canada

Imagine being stuck in another country because you misplaced or do not have the required documentation to return. This is a definite possibility if you do not take the time to attain the appropriate documentation. With the exception of citizens of the United States, St. Pierre or Miquelon, all others require either a valid Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to re-enter Canada. Not sure what document you require? Go here

Are you from Mexico? Starting December 1, 2016 you will require an eTA to enter Canada. Processing time can vary for both the TRV and eTA but typically it is one month for a TRV; and often mere minutes for an eTA. If you have a valid study permit your TRV application will be processed within Canada. 
Safe travels!